Applications for 2024 closed on 30 September 2024.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are not expecting to have late or walk-in applications.
Visit Programmes Offered for a full A to Z list of programmes at CUT.
What documents should I have ready for application?
- Current Matriculants: upload Final Grade 11 results or Grade 12 June results.
- Already Matriculated applicants: you will have to upload your certified ID and Senior Certificate.
- Higher Qualifications than matric: you will have to upload your certified ID, Senior Certificate, your qualification(s) and study record.
- Postgraduate Applicants: Visit the Head of the Department / Assistant Deans, Research Innovation and Engagement to discuss research project for Masters or Doctorate study before applying online. For more information, Postgraduate Studies.
Application to the CUT is free
Individuals are promoting that they can assist prospective students in applying. The Central University of Technology, Free State (CUT) would like to warn all prospective students that there is no way other than the process described here for application.
If you are asked for money to assist you with your application, you are being swindled by scammers.
No application fee. No authorised consultants to assist with the application.
Getting ready to apply?
Allow for 6 – 10 weeks for feedback from the date of application. Use the online system to check your application status.
Need more information?
- Go to Prospective student
- International Students, for assistance contact the Center for Global Engagement (CGE)
Need help with an application?
Have trouble with the system PIN or student number?
We have been receiving several enquiries about PIN and/or Student numbers for the application system. A guide has been created to assist.
Download the Retrieve CUT PIN and/or Student nr steps.pdf (PDF)
Watch: Step-by-step How to Apply Online – A System Guide 2024
Download the How to Apply Online – A System Guide (PDF)