Ludumo Nursing School’s mission is to bring together a team of dedicated, experienced and appropriately qualified professional nurse educators who are committed to the training and development of new entrants to the nursing profession.
To provide and maintain equipment, premises, and teaching materials that are current, relevant , appropriate to the needs of learners and aligned to the South African Qualification Authority registered qualifications offered and the standards laid down by the South African Nursing Council.
To attain and maintain Registration and Accreditation by the Council of Higher Education and to apply the required standards of education, performance and Quality Assurance to the presentation and development of teaching programmes.
Their vision is to make Ludumo Nursing School the most sought after nursing school in the province of KwaZulu Natal by gaining the respect of our peers in the nursing profession and recognition by the relevant authorities as a centre of excellence for the education and training of caring and competent nurses.
- Higher Certificate in Auxiliary Nursing
- National Diploma in Nursing
- Successful completion of grade 12 or National Certificate or recognised equivalent qualification which grants admission to higher certificate.
- Preferred Subjects include
- English Level 4.
- Life sciences level 4.
- Completion of relevant health related qualification at level 4
Higher Certificate Auxiliary Nursing
Candidates who do not possess a grade 12 Certificate but have some Learning and clinical experience in nursing may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning. These candidates may have:-
- Grade 10 with e.g.
- Home Based Care Certificate by a recognised SETA
- Ancillary Health Care by a recognised SETA and exposure to nursing as a ward aid.
Application is received six months before commencement of programme. Application forms should be returned with:-
- 2 certified copies of identity document
- 2 certified copies of Grade 12 certificate
- Certified copy of a testimonial from School or Minister of Religion.
- 1 passport size photo
N.B. Grade 12 Certificate will be sent to Umalusi for verification. The student will be dismissed instantly if the certificate is found to be fraudulent.
202 Peter Kerchoff Street
Post Net Suite 24
Private Bag X 9005
Telephone: 033 – 394 2897
Fax: 033 – 394 2987