Monash South Africa Prospectus 2020
Monash South Africa Prospectus 2020 is available for Download
A university or school prospectus is a document sent to potential (prospective) students to attract them to apply for admissions. It usually contains information about the institution and the available courses, including advice on how to apply and the benefits of accepting a place.
Click Here To download Monash South Africa Prospectus 2020
Monash South Africa
Founded by Monash University in 2001, Monash South Africa (MSA) became the first institution in Sub-Saharan Africa to join the Laureate International Universities network in 2013, which has a presence in 25 countries, serving over 1,000,000 students globally across 70 institutions and online.
MSA has since been well established and offers qualifications in four different Schools. Our graduates, who leave MSA with high quality qualifications, leadership skills and a sense of civic commitment, are highly sought after.
You’ll find us in Ruimsig, in the province of Gauteng, 25 kilometres northwest of the Johannesburg city centre. Our attractive, secure, state-of-the-art campus is complete with student accommodation, computer labs, restaurants, high-tech lecture theatres and sports facilities, including a gym.
To positively impact lives through higher education in Africa and the world.
Monash South Africa provides innovative and exceptional learning experiences to students in a way that ensures intellectual engagement and critical thinking. Our students are empowered to maximise their potential and equipped to meet real needs to advance the development of society.
We believe our students are at the heart of everything we do.
We create a relevant and conducive learning environment and ensure a quality overall student experience.
We actively encourage our students and staff to embrace creativity and innovation in order to develop their full potential.
We strive to inspire our students and staff and seize the opportunity to be inspired by them.
We hold honesty and the highest ethical standards as essential components of our organisation.
- Students deserve access to meaningful education options
- When our students succeed, countries prosper and societies benefit
- Our international model makes our students more competitive
- Linking with the workplace throughout the education process is essential to deliver career -ready graduates
- We challenge the status quo of higher education through innovation to create the Next Standard
- Excellence and scale can be achieved hand in hand
Study options to suit every student
We are committed to providing opportunities for people from diverse backgrounds and circumstances. We offer a range of study options including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, postgraduate diplomas as well as short courses. We also offer scholarships and bursaries. Tutorial groups, personalised attention and teaching informed by our active research and industry links mean students are supported in their success.
Research that really matters to the South African people
Our research aligns with the research agendas of South Africa and the African continent. We are global in scope, but firmly rooted in our country.
Our water research continues to make waves in increasing access to, and highlighting the importance of, portable water.
We care about our community
We are dedicated to helping the region meet its diverse social, economic and educational needs. Our students and academics use the skills they acquire at Monash to bring real change to peoples’ lives.
- Programmes like the Saturday School and the establishment of the Krishna Khetia Libraries promote literacy in our local young people and provide resources and tutoring.
- Partnerships with organisations like Oxfam afford our students globally relevant interning opportunities.
- The Alan Finkel Volunteer Space, established in 2011, is a hub for students, staff and community members to work collaboratively and affect positive change in our community.