Monash South Africa Residences Accommodation
The on-campus lifestyle
Our on-campus student accommodation (available to enrolled students only) combines modern architectural design with a safe and secure living environment.
Residences one, two and three are four-bedroom apartments, and residence four is a six-bedroom apartment. On campus you can expect facilities like:
- self-catering accommodation with private single or shared bedrooms
- bedrooms with built in cupboards, a bed, bedside table, desk, chair and curtains – bedside lamps and linen are not supplied
- kitchen facilities with a four burner/plate stove, two fridges, table and chairs and a microwave oven
- television and games rooms, small lounges and outdoor braai areas
- internet access points in each bedroom, giving you 24-hour online computing, library and specialist Monash services (computers are not supplied)
- laundry facilities
- 24-hour security and access control/swipe cards
- on-site car parking.
Arrange your own accommodation with our help
Students are free to arrange their own off-campus accommodation but we do strongly advise against signing lease agreements prior to your arrival in South Africa – you should always physically inspect rental properties before signing lease agreements.
There is a wide variety of quality off-campus accommodation to suit different requirements and budgets available within a 10 kilometre radius of the campus. And the Monash shuttle bus provides transport to and from the campus on a specified route.
We recommend you are familiar with the Rental Housing Act, Consumer Affairs South Africa and Landlord and Tenants Rights before you sign your lease agreement.
Support is never far away
We have ten residential and welfare support advisors (HC’s) who can help with any welfare or emergency needs, as well as provide personal, social and recreational support whenever you need it.
Ready to apply?
If you would like to apply for one of the Monash managed residences please make sure you have read the conditions of residency (pdf, 142Kb). Once you’re ready to apply please fill in and return the student residence accommodation application form (pdf, 136Kb) or visit us at the residence department.
Space in Monash apartments is limited so we recommend you apply early to avoid disappointment.
The accommodation fees for residences 1, 2, 3 and 4 can be found on our fees page.
If you have any questions please contact us by calling +27 11 950 4210 or you can email us.