Nsfas Application Requirements
Nsfas Application Requirements : Each applicant will need to adhere to the basic requirements and also any requirements as set out by the company in accordance with the field of study or Institute of learning.
You qualify for an NSFAS bursary if you are a South African citizen who plans to study in 2023 or you are already studying at a public university or TVET college and you meet the following requirements:
1 SASSA recipients automatically qualify for financial eligibility
2 Your combined household income is not more than R350 000 per year or
3 A person with a disability with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per year or
4 Must have email and cell phone number
What is required during the Application Process?
NSFAS may need more information from you to process your application, check what supporting documents are required and ensure that you have all the relevant information:
You will need the following to complete your NSFAS application:
- Your own cellphone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardian or spouse (If applicable)
- Your proof of income or 1 year’s IRP5 (if applicable)
- Your parents, guardian or spouse’s proof of income
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form, click here to download
- An applicant who is recognised as a Vulnerable Child by the Department of Social Development must provide a completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form, click here to download.
Candidates that apply must complete all fields of the application form and also meet all additional requirements if any, as set out by the bursary. Candidates who submit incomplete applications or are missing documentation will not be considered.