Students entering university for the first time in 2019, including 2019 matriculates, must apply from 1 August – 30 November .
University student who were not funded (declined/ did not apply) by NSFAS in 2019, can apply for funding from 1 September – 30 November .
For more information, or to apply, visit: www.nsfas.org.za
Paper applications forms can be sent to NSFAS Head Office in Cape Town via:
- Email to: [email protected]
- Fax to: 086 644 2822
- Post to: 2018 Online Applications, NSFAS Loans & Bursaries Department, Private Bag X4, Plumstead, 7801.
Please complete and submit your application online within the deadlines provided by NSFAS as the university will not be in a position to assist students who submit incomplete or late applications, or who didn’t apply to NSFAS.
NB: Applications for NSFAS will no longer be accepted by the CPUT Financial Aid Office.
Criteria – Cape Peninsula University of Technology Bursaries 2019
A student qualifies for a NSFAS loan if he/ she is:
- a South African citizen
- applied to study at a university
- an undergraduate student studying towards a first higher education qualification
- is financially needy as determined by the NSFAS Means Test
- able to demonstrate potential for academic success
- unable to finance his/ her studies
Students who have received loans or bursaries from other sources covering the full cost of study are not eligible for a loan.
To find out more about Funza Lushaka (bursary scheme for teacher education), visit https://www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za/