All students – prospective and current students need to apply annually at the Residence Administration Office, Building 14K Room no. G01 & G04 yearly. An administration fee of R500.00 deposit for prospective students must be paid.
Prospective students must have been informed by the Academic Administration Department that they are accepted and a student number (i.e. 12815691) must be issued.
Please note: First time applications for Post Graduate and Senior students need to pay a R380-00 application fee. If you are currently residing in a residence there is NO application fee to be paid.
Closing Dates for Application forms
Applications for 2024
First year students – 31 Augustus 2024
Senior students – 2 September 2024
Postgraduate students – 2 September 2024
First-year Residence Applicants
Prospective students will be notified regarding their residence status via email or sms by the relevant department after the closing date 31 August 2024.
If you can’t apply with the above option please contact us.
Late Applications – Prospective first-year students 2024
Please fill in this form if you would like to APPLY with late applications for placement in NWU Residences (Vanderbijlpark Campus) for 2024.
Application and Rules and Regulations for Residences
How to apply for student accommodation
- Obtain a residence application form from the Residence Administration Office and submit the form on or before the dates supplied by the Residence Administration Office.
- Residence admission, depending on the availability of space, is only possible upon successful academic acceptance as set out in the placement procedure.
- Successful applicants will be notified and late applications will be placed on a waiting list.
- Students must apply yearly for residence accommodation.
Forms can also be downloaded (PDF Format)
- First year’s application form 2024
- Snr Students Application forms 2024
- Postgraduate application form 2024
All required documentation must be attached before application forms will be considered for final residence placement. Please note it is an ONLINE- Application system for all three academic levels.
For residence inquiries and applications only, contact – Karin Venter / 018-985-2137