Students who wish to apply for financial assistance must do so as soon as possible. A National Means Test for NSFAS loans will determine the amount payable by each student. The expected family contribution will differ for individual students, depending on his/her unique circumstances.
The National Means Test will take the following into consideration:
- Academic performance during the year.
- Annual family income – supportive documentation needs to be submitted in this regard.
- Actual cost of study for the academic year.
Applicants will know about the outcome of their applications by the second week after reopening for the first term. Students whose applications are not successful should register with the normal initial amount payable by all other students.
For more info visit http://www.nsfas.org.za
NSFAS related enquiries
– Outstanding allowances (1st confirm your funding status and attach it on the email)
– N+ appeals (list has been shared with the SRC of both approved and rejected). Those who were rejected due to outstanding documents, such documents must be sent to [email protected] asap for NSFAS to action)
– DSU Conversions (ensure requested annexures are submitted to [email protected])
– Funding (attach screenshot of your funding status on the email);
– Please note that we cannot unblock you if your funder has not settled your balance for Certificates.