Wits Inter Campus Student Bus Service
Transportation is provided by the University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg for:
- Wits registered students that require transportation from Wits Main Campus to the Wits Education Campus, Wits Health Science Campus and Wits Management Campus for academic activities.
- Wits registered students residing in Wits residences that are managed by Wits Campus Housing and Residence Life (CHRL) to the various Wits campuses and residences.
- Wits Health Science students are transported weekdays to the following Teaching Hospitals for academic activities: Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital, Helen Joseph Hospital, Rahima Moosa Mother & Child Hospital, Oliver Tambo Memorial Hospital, Natalspruit, Union Hospital, Tara, Sterkfontein and Edenvale Hospital.
NO STANDING PASSENGERS ALLOWED
- The Operating Licence in conjunction with the Public Road Transport Permit issued by the Gauteng Department of Roads and Transport Johannesburg Office for the bus routes of the Wits Inter Campus Bus Service do not permit standing passengers i.e. the number of passengers on the bus cannot exceed the number of seats in the bus **(65 seats = 32 students under Covid-19 Regulations).
- This is in terms of and subject to the provisions of the Road Transportation Act, 1977 (Act 74 of 1977).
- The conveyance of passengers on the Wits Inter Campus Bus Service is restricted to the route descriptions stipulated on the Public Road Transport Permit.
NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED ON THE BUS Read More
Public transport to Wits
|Public bus servicesGautrain Bus ServiceRea Vaya, the City’s Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system Johannesburg Metrobus|
|Public rail servicesGautrainMetrorail|
An informal minibus taxi service operates across the province and there are no route maps or timetables available.
Information regarding the service,fares and timetables can be obtained from the websites below:
Gautrain l Gautrain Bus Service
Call centre:0800 428 87246
SMS “ALERT” to 32693 forGautrain Service updates
Rea Vaya Joburg – rapid Bus Transport (BRT) System
Call centre:0860 JOBURG (0860 562 874)
Emergencies: 011 375 5911