Details Of Northern Cape Urban TVET College Application 2019
Northern Cape TVET College has two campuses namely ,Moremogolo Campus and City Campus
The Northern Cape Urban TVET College is an accredited Service Provider via Umalusi. The College Quality Management System is ISO 9001:2008 certified. The College Health and Safety Management System was NOSA Four Star Graded in July 2012.
Since 1994, legislative frameworks and policies were put into place to deal with many of the challenges facing our society, including the transformation of the education system.Subsequently, indications were given by the Northern Cape Department of Education that the three technical colleges should amalgamate. The first phase would incorporate the merging of the R C Elliott Technical College and the Moremogolo. Technical College into Kimberley College. The amalgamation of the 2 institutions was implemented as of January 1997.
The second phase of the amalgamation process was the merger of the newly formed Kimberley College (ex Moremogolo and RC Elliott) and the Northern Cape Technical College. This process was envisaged to be completed by January 1999.The amalgamation became effective as of 1 April 2002. The College is now known as the Northern Cape Urban TVET College, and it operates on two campuses, namely the Northern Cape Technical College, now known as City Campus, and Moremogolo Campus, previously known as Moremogolo College.
Courses / Programmes Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Office Administration
- TourismFinance, Economics and Accounting
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Civil Engineering and Building Construction
- Engineering and Related Design
- Electrical Infrastructure Construction
- Human Resource Management
- Management Assistant
- Financial Management
- Public Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Short Courses Northern Cape Urban TVET College
- Pastel (Accounting) / Payroll
- Basic Bookkeeping
- ICDL Office 2007
- A +, N +, CICO
- Computer Practice N4-6
- Flower Arranging / Cake Icing
Admission Requirements Northern Cape Urban TVET College
1. NATIONAL CERTIFICATE VOCATIONAL – NC(V)
To be accepted for the following NC(V) Programs you must have:
- Primary Health and Safety in Society Grade 12, 11, 10 or 9 with a good pass rate
- Office Administration and Tourism Grade 12, 11, 10 or 9 with a good pass rate
- Finance, Economics and Accounting Grade 12, 11, 10 or 9 with Accounting
- IT, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Related Design Grade 12, 11, 10 or 9 with Mathematicsome
2. NATIONAL CERTIFICATE
To be accepted for the following NATED programs you must have:
- National Senior Certificate
- NQF Level 4
- Financial Management: National Senior Certificate with Accounting
- Engineering: National Senior Certificate with Mathematics
3. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
To be accepted for any IT program you must have:
- First Year: National Senior Certificate and pass entry test. Mathematics is recommended.
- Second Year: Pass first year.
To Be Accepted You Must Have A Grade 10:
Hairdressing: Level 2. Duration1 year.
To be accepted for any skills program you must be 16years of age and older:
- Jewellery: Grade 11.
- Electrical: Grade 10 with Maths.
- Motor Mechanic & Welding: Grade 10 with Maths.
- Bricklaying: Grade 9.
- Plumbing: Grade 9.
- Upholstery & Carpentry: Grade 9.
How to Apply
Contact Details Northern Cape Urban TVET College
Private Bag X5031
37-41 Long Street
Tel: (053) 839-2063
Fax: (053) 839-2068
Private Bag X5031
Tel: (053) 839-2000
Fax: (053) 832-1713
Private Bag X5028
777 Nobengula Road
Tel: (053) 802-4700
Fax: (053) 802-4777