If you have a Coinvest account as an NSFAS student and want to know how to check your account balance, this article is for you. There are three ways in which you can check your balance on Coinvest NSFAS; with a physical Coinvest debit card or with Coinvest WhatsApp pay, and I will give you a detailed guide on how to use these three methods.
CHECK BALANCE WITH YOUR PHYSICAL CARD
When you register for a coinvest NSFAS account, you will be given a physical debit card. with that card, you can walk up to any ATM machine nearby and check how much you have left in your account just like you can with any other debit card. This is the best method of checking your coinvest NSFAS account balance, but the downside is that you cannot do it in the comfort of your home, that’s where methods two and three come in.
CHECK BALANCE WITH COINVEST WHATSAPP PAY
Coinvest has a feature called Whatsapp Pay which allows a virtual account owner to conveniently transact with his Whatsapp account (and also check his account balance). follow the steps below to activate this on your Whatsapp:
- Order and link your Coinvest Money Physical Card Account to your Coinvest Money Profile in the mobile application. You can also link non-Coinvest Visa/Mastercard compatible bank account cards
- Open a Virtual Account from your Coinvest Money Profile. This will allow you to make payments and transact on your Virtual Card Account using Whatsapp
- Download WhatsApp onto your compatible mobile device
- Save the Super Number +27 11 507 5555 onto your mobile device phonebook
- Open WhatsApp and select the Super Number Contact you just saved to open up a chat box
- Within the chat box type “Hi”. This will bring up the WhatsApp Pay Menu
- You can now pay a QR code, get paid with your QR code, send money, check your account balance, top-up your account, buy airtime, buy data bundles, buy electricity vouchers, and view and send payment requests
LOGIN ONLINE AND CHECK YOUR BALANCE
This method is pretty easy to do. you just need to visit nsfas.coinvest.africa/auth/login, input your username and password, and login. you should be able to see the balance of your digital, physical, and virtual accounts.